Policies and Responsibilities:
I have created this list as a way for you to understand what to expect in working with me as well as to notify you of what responsibilities we both have in working together. I hope that this will answer many questions you may have and help you to feel more comfortable in what to expect during our sessions together. Many of the issues addressed here are detailed more in the Policy and Responsibilities form. Please make sure you read these in detail and let me know if you have any questions or concerns before signing.
- Therapy is about change and addressing issues that are causing unhappiness or dysfunction in your life. It is essential that you are open and honest about these issues. My job is to be a nonjudgmental and unbiased person in your life that can help to support you in gaining insight into how you can better address these issues.
- I am happy to prorate my fee for clients that want longer or shorter sessions than the typical 55 minutes. For some families it may be helpful, and I encourage them to schedule an extra block of time monthly to discuss how their child is progressing on their goals.
- My responsibility to maintain confidentiality is not only required by law, but is imperative to our therapeutic relationship. Please look over confidentiality issues in detail on the policies form. These will include protecting your records, everything that is discussed in session, and your right to keep private that you are participating in therapy. If releases of information are signed, I will only release what is necessary for consultation or best coordination of care.
- Any after hours phone calls or contact are billable at double my regular hourly rate. If you receive insurance reimbursement, please be aware that non face-to-face contact is not billable by your insurance and you will be responsible for payment of these services.
- I do not believe that it is beneficial or necessary for me to participate in any type of forensic testimony unless I have witnessed a crime (abuse or neglect) firsthand. If this is your intention for therapy, or feel that in the future this may be a service you request from me, please seek the services of another professional, as there are professionals that do provide this type of service. My responsibility is always to my client and to helping them receive the best treatment possible, not to participate in any potential disputes between family members.